Thursday, January 28, 2016

New Year...New Goals...Or lack of...

So this year instead of having a goal race or a bunch of goal paces, I am doing just the opposite.  This year is going to be the year I just relax and have fun...

Kind of like this...
Yes, I do have some races on the schedule but the difference is that in my training I am going to just do what I want when I want. There is nothing long distance on there right now.  I have some half marathons, some sprint triathlons, and possibly a 100 mile bike rally (I guess that is long distance) but I'm still not 100% convinced on that one. I'm sure Catherine will have me signed up before long...




Another big change for me this year is that I have stepped down as the MRTT chapter leader.  That was a big step for me in taking my time back for myself.  I started and led the group for 2.5 years and it has grown in to something so wonderful.  It has been a blessing to me and I have met so many friends through it, but it was time for me to step down and let some people with fresh ideas step in and take over. Luckily, we have had so many ladies step up over the last year that transitioning over was an easy task. I am so incredibly thankful for Faith, Kelly, Cathy, Tracy, Marissa, and Laurie for taking the ball and running with it and making our group so great!

This...
I'm trying to just breathe and enjoy it this year. That's my motto!


No comments:

Post a Comment