Sunday, December 30, 2018

Catch up for 2018

Last time I checked in I had just completed the Crazy Desert 50k.  Well somehow in the mean time I also got in on the lottery for the Marine Corps Marathon, was chosen as an ambassador for Noxgear and also had my little Goat's Goodies fitness headband business take off!  It's been crazy!

April consisted of resting a little. May was pretty uneventful too except for the Team Beef Retreat down in Conroe. That was so much fun.  If you have ever thought about becoming a member of the Beef Team Athletes, you totally should. Lots of great friends and support!
These 2 getting me in trouble at the Beef Retreat.

June was a month of watching Stuart race as he geared up for cross country season.
Look who placed at his 5k!

July found me running a 25k in Fort Worth starting at 10pm because Jackie thought that would be fun and a few weeks later at Estes Park on a weeklong church youth group camp that was life changing.
Hell's Half Acre 25k -- hell definitely is an appropriate word choice

Estes Park Youth Camp #sofun


August we were in Colorado again for family vacation before school officially started!
My FIL lives so close I could run to Garden of the Gods! 

Seven Falls with the family!

This fall we have just been busy juggling basketball schedules, Chase's work, Mavs games ( since Chase became a Ball Kid),  and a trip to DC for the Marine Corps Marathon.


Marine Corps was one of the coolest races ever.  I totally want to go back and run that one again.  I wasn't in the right mindset this year when I did it.  With the sudden passing of my aunt and time spent at the hospital with her the week before, I just wasn't mentally all there.  I would love to go back and run it and truly enjoy it for all the awesomeness that it is, but 2018 was not the year to do that.
Marine Corps Marathon -- Finished..Thank goodness!

I came back from Marine Corps and immediately wound up in the ortho's office because my foot, which had been nagging me for about 2 months after long runs, killed me the last 4 miles of the race. I was diagnosed with a stress fracture in my left foot.  It sucks...I've been 53 days with no running but have been able to do Camp Gladiator in a very modified way.  At least I have that!

I have thought about making some fitness goals for 2019 - but I think my main goal is to just enjoy working out and appreciating the fact that I can.  The last two years I have been through a couple of set backs with knee surgery and a stress fracture, so in 2019 I vow to listen to my body and just enjoy the run and the fact that I can.

1 comment:

  1. You are still amazing. I am so blessed to have you as a daughter to inspire me to keep going on! Love you!

    ReplyDelete