Saturday, January 11, 2014

Playing Catch Up

Well it has been a while since I have logged my thoughts and I have been meaning to sit down and do it for a while now, but life sometimes gets in the way.

So here is how my fall was summed up after Redman:

October -- Did the Esprit de She duathlon with the girls from our Moms RUN This Town group and had a BLAST!  So much fun!  2 mile run, 9 mile bike, 2 mile run....Will be back for 2014 definitely!
Way too early!!!

Shoe pic for Esprit de She

Seriously...how can you NOT have fun with these ladies!!!
That was my last race up until this point. I was supposed to run the Dallas half marathon but it got cancelled because of the super terrible ice storm that pretty much shut down all of North Texas for about 4 days.

However, just because I wasn't racing doesn't mean all my peeps weren't doing some epic stuff!  My fellow Team Cupcake member, DK, SWAM a 5k across Lake Grapevine!  YES, you read that right -- SWAM...most people can't run one...SHE IS AMAZING...well, and a little crazy...but that is why I like her
Post swim celebratory cupcake

Cheering squad and posters...nothing epic is complete without posters.

Me and Teri kayaking to keep the boats away from DK...okay, really Teri was kayaking and I was taking pics and eating...but still...

November was some training but mostly vacation time...We hit up Disneyland, Yosemite National Park, Legoland, and the Grand Canyon!  Woo Hoo!!!

Disneyland with my VERY favorite peeps of all!!!

Then December, back to the real world....training has upped the mileage quite a bit over the last few weeks....I have gone from running 25 miles on a GOOD week to about 40-45, topping out at 54 miles one week..Last weekend we ran 26.2 on Saturday just for a training run.  I NEVER thought I would do that..much less go out and run the next day.  Then again, I never thought I would be able to run more than 25 miles in a week either.

I have decided to try the Grasslands 50 miler in March.  Fingers crossed the weather is nice and everything cooperates...I am getting stoked...



So my thought for the day...NEVER doubt yourself...Pick a goal and go for it...if people get in your way, find new people...surround yourself with those who believe in you...no matter if your goal is distance, weight loss, anything...

Next up...Polar Dash 14 miler and Waco Miracle Match Marathon in two weeks...then it is the Love Trail marathon in February...I can't wait!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment