Thursday, August 18, 2011

Can I do this??? What have I done?

I registered for the big New Year's Double!  I am doing the half marathons on both days.  Some of my crazy friends are doing full marathons on both days!  I am too chicken for that!  I am super excited about it though - not only is it close to home, it is cheap, great race bling, put on by a great race director and friend, but it is something that I have never even thought of doing or had the opportunity to do...I like pushing myself and this is definitely going to do it!

I also signed up this week for  a night trail run - Los Chupacabra.  A few friends are doing it and I wanted to do it last year but was too chicken - I hate the dark...shoot I about break my leg trying to get away from things on the trails during the day!  So this will definitely put me out of my comfort zone, but at least I will have my buddies with me!

I will outrun the chupa...I will outrun the chupa...
I must be going through a mid life crisis or something because these are things I would have never done before...I guess it could be worse!  I could be driving a little red sports car or something - instead I am out chasing big foot with friends in the dark!  ARGH! =)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, little red sports car... maybe when I don't have to have car seats for the little people. Sigh. I'm excited (and scared) for NYD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better outrun the chupa! No victims allowed. ;-). I'd like to try that one someday.

    ReplyDelete