Sunday, December 18, 2011

1000 miles of running!

Well it is official today!  All 4 of the running goals that I set for myself back in the July have officially been met!

My goals were:

A)  Palo Duro 20K - done in October - Best Trail Ever!
B)  Complete my first ultra - Rocky Raccoon 50K Huntsville, TX - Loads of fun!
C)  Complete 100 miles of running in one month - every month since I set that goal!
D)  Complete 750 more miles for  a grand total of 1,000 miles running for 2011 - Done today!


At mile 2 of our 10 miler today, I reached 1,000 miles running for the year so we had to take a picture!
Fiona, Me, and Catherine at mile 1,000!




Then they decided to make me a 1,000 mile sign!
(This is for you mom!)

So excited to have met that last goal! I was really starting to think I might not hit it because I have been so tired lately.  

So up next is the New Year's Double Race!  I'll be running the half marathon on New Year's Eve and then another half marathon on New Year's Day.  If you think that is crazy, I have several friends doing the full marathon BOTH days!  See, there is always something higher that you can strive for!  I love surrounding myself with others who push me.  I have done things this year that I never in a million years would have thought possible and I have met so many great people along my journey!  I'm so thankful for each and every one!

I can't wait for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment