Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back in the saddle again....

Well two weeks after deciding to "embrace the suck", I have done just that!  I have gotten back in the saddle and been running and feeling good.  One of the things I wanted to work on this year, was more cross training and looking at my calendar of workouts and all the pretty colors on it, I have been able to do that.  Although, I would like to get in a little more swim (only did 1) and a couple more bikes.  I really enjoy the walking intervals that got incorporated this month thanks to my friend Libby and the step class that I went to because my friend Elaine taught, really got me excited to do some more of that.  I probably do need to incorporate some weights in there, but I hate weights if I am not in some sort of class.  Maybe that should be a goal for February - one weights class a week...Ughhh...

January workout calendar
I am in a much better mind set than when I wrote my Debbie Downer post a few weeks ago.  I have gotten more trail runs this month than in a while and I think that has helped too along with the speedwork and hills that I have been doing consistently with my friend Fiona.

Next race on the schedule is Feb 11, the Orphan Hope Trail 1/2 marathon in Huntsville, TX.  I am really looking forward to going with my friend Catherine. It is going to be fun.  I'm not sure exactly what is after that.  I have Texas Independence Relay at the end of March and am considering another race in Waco in early March, but not 100% yet.

Before all that happens though, I am very excited for all my friends that are racing the Rocky Raccoon 50 miler/ 100 miler this weekend.  Greg, Leslie, Tony, Fawn, Melissa and many more are racing this weekend and it has been so fun to watch their training over the last few months.  I can't wait!  They are all such strong runners and I know they are going to rock this.  I am sending good weather vibes and running vibes!

I can't imagine doing either of those distances, but hopefully some day, I would like to attempt a 50 miler.  Not sure that it would be any time soon, but my day will come.  Promise.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome plan! And when you decide it's your day for 50, let me know... I'll do it with ya! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nice post, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Mandie Hayes
    mandie.hayes10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete