Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hump Day!

Having a good week so far...right on track to get my miles and meet my goal of 100 for the month.  Yesterday I got up super early and met my friend Erin to run speed work with her at one of the tracks around here.  We met at 5:30 am...did you get that AM and it was 91 degrees outside!!!!  Seriously???? Thank goodness the sun wasn't out because I would have died!  I almost did just trying to keep up with Erin, but I made it through, barely...I haven't done speedwork in ummm...let's see....years!!!  I know it is good for me, but I hate doing it on my own.  Sometimes I need someone to push me out of my comfort zone and working with Erin did just that.  It was good though, wound up doing 6 miles.
Today I decided I should probably run because my training plan for Rocky Raccoon 50K has me running Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and then back to back long runs Saturday and Sunday.  So even though I was going to meet my mileage goal without a Wednesday run, I decided I still needed to get out there.  No problem right, well it wouldn't have been if I had gotten up and run at 5:30 again with no sun, but oh no...I was lazy, totally slept in and started my run at 8:45 am...BIG MISTAKE!!!!  It was an awful run!  I was going for 4 miles, barely made 3 and it was hard to get through that...but I did it...Note to self: Don't run after 7 am in Texas in summer again...especially when the last 26 days in a row have reached 100 degrees...dumb, dumb, dumb...but live and learn, right?
Tomorrow I am meeting up early for a tempo run with Erin.  I don't care what we do as long as we don't have to do it in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment