Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sad Day at this Vibram Five Finger House!

Sad, sad news...my original pair of VFF have officially worn out.  I went to put them in the shoe holder on my closet door when I noticed the damage.  I just wore them today and never felt it, but as you can plainly see - I have a hole...I have at least 500 miles on them in the last year...They totally changed my little running world when I got them last summer.  I have done trail runs, 5ks, half marathons, and many other things in them.  They changed the way I ran and how I felt.

Mourning my VFF's

Luckily I have two more pairs that I got because I loved these so much.  One is my "dress pair" no running in those, but I do have another running pair.  Thank goodness!  However I have never had more than one pair of running shoes at a time, so having trail shoes and road running shoes is all new to me, but I am digging it...

Can you see a trend?  Loving the pink!
Hopefully I won't be replacing any more shoes any time soon...would much rather spend it on race fees!!! How about you - what things do you like to spend your running money on?  What can't you live without?  

2 comments:

  1. So you wear those VFF on hard surfaces and long distance? I have been curious about them, but wasnt sure how well they hold up. I confess I spend too much on shoes, but to counter that I try to buy most of my workout clothes at places like Target, TJMaxx, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my vibrams! I haven't run more than 13 miles in them but I won't go back to regular running shoes. I even bought a pair for every day they are so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete