Sunday, July 24, 2011

Super Sunday Stuff

Another week over 25 miles!  Very excited because this was something that honestly I had never even contemplated doing because I didn't think I could nor did I want to - kind of like the marathon my friend Jill talked me into years ago!   In June I tried unsuccessfully to hit 25 in a week a couple of times, but always came up a little short, so two weeks in a row of close to 30 miles a week (31 and 29) makes me super happy.  Makes me realize that if I put my mind to it, I can do anything.  Sometimes it might take a few sacrifices (ie. getting up earlier than I want) but it is totally worth it.

Yesterday Erin, Sharon, and I ran the trails up around Lake Grapevine.  It was my second time in my super sweet pink Inov8's .  I love them!  Because I didn't get my full mileage on the trails in the morning, because of a few spills that my friend took along the way, I ran in them last night also to make up for the missed morning miles.  I think I may have to get another pair of them.  I am in love! I thought running two times in the same day my legs would be shot, but it was actually really nice and the shoes are so lightweight and comfortable that I know that had something to do with it.

Inov8 F230 Lite Trail Shoe



I am hoping to make it a 100 mile month for July.  That would be two feats in and of itself because it has been over 100 degrees here in Texas every day since July 1st so running in this heat is super hard, but also because I have never had a 100 mile month.  As of right now, I am sitting at 74 which means before next Sunday I must get in 26 miles...Whew...that is do-able right?  I hope so because that is the goal and where would be without goals, right?  Do you have one? What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment