Monday, September 19, 2011

It is OFFICIAL!!!!

Rocky Raccoon 50K or Bust!
As cute as these little guys are, if I see one I will scream like a little girl!
I'm just saying....
I really did it!  I registered for my first ultramarathon.  Notice, I say "first"... I have a feeling I might be a little addicted to trail running.  I am so super pumped...I know it is going to be the biggest challenge to date, but I am looking forward to it!

aka. Storm Shelter
This week was a great week.  I got in 39 miles of running including a nice 18 miler on Saturday.  Was hoping to get in a 10 miler Sunday, but the weather gods were obviously thinking I needed a short run.  Some friends and I set out Sunday evening to cloudy skies and soon, within 30 minutes, we were consumed in this torrential downpour!  Lightening, hail, thunder, pounding rain!!! It was so scary!  We had  to take refuge in a local Sonic!  Then the electricity started going on and off at the Sonic.  My husband wound up coming to get us and drive us to our cars!  So instead of the intended 10 miler, we got about 3.5 miles - but at least we were safe!  I don't think I have ever run so fast in my life...maybe I won't need my speedwork this week!

Moon setting...early morning run


We have a love/hate relationship with each other....
Actually did get in some speedwork, this week.  Not my favorite thing, but I think it may become a regular in my running rotation.  I think Wednesdays may become my date with the treadmill at the gym to bust out a few intervals.  We shall see...but I am hoping to make it a more regular thing.

Also on tap this week, got the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation: Walk for a Cure on Saturday.  We (the boys and I) are walking to support their friend, Gabe who has suffered from juvenile diabetes since he was 4!  I can't imagine how that would be as a child or a parent!  You can donate to help support our team Gabe's Jedis here.  We would greatly appreciate it!

Sunday is the half marathon that a bunch of my running friends are doing and I am going to try and stay with the 2:25 pacers.  I will see how long I can hang.  I doubt I can PR a half marathon right now, but I won't know if I don't try and this would be the best time to do it.  The pacers are a couple of my good running buddies!  Doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment