Sunday, September 25, 2011

Slow and Steady...

Well, I said it almost a month ago that I was going to get serious and really try and lose weight.  I had a few friends and family join me on this journey too which makes it so much easier and helps hold me accountable...So far I have lost 7 pounds!  I am super excited about it.  I haven't really changed the way I eat at all, I have just been very careful at my intake.  Instead of running really far and then making up for the calorie burn in food, I just track everything on the My Fitness Pal app. I love that thing!
Got any skinny people lying around...
Woo Hoo!!!

I thought I would share this poem.  I have had it for a few years and I love it.  It is kind of my mantra!

A loss is a loss no matter what size!


So you lost .2 of a pound?
That point two pounds right off your hips or off your belly or thighs...it will add up!


And where would you be if you weren't here?
And where, good grief, would you be in a year if you quit now just because it was slow?


Honey, really, you don't want to know!


So keep your chin up and be proud of that loss,
And don't give up at any cost.


No one said it was gonna be fast
But think how good you will feel when you get there at last!


And this goes for those who gained a bit, too
Don't let a setback make you give up on YOU!


Not perfection, we do say
It's persistence all the way!


In other news...ran a half marathon today - Heels and Hills and Him in Las Colinas, TX.  It was so much fun!  I finished in 2:29:48...That is right on par for me.  My fasted half is a 2:27.  It got pretty warm out there by the end and mile 10 was killer for some reason, but after that it was just about getting it done.  After the race, I felt really good.  I usually am walking stiff like an old woman afterwards, but I truly feel great.  I think all the miles I have been running might be paying off!

There were lots of friends out there - too many to count and one of my friends was running it for her first half marathon.  That was super exciting!  We all went to lunch afterwards and I haven't laughed so much  in so long.  I am so thankful for all the good friends I have met - they truly rock!

HHH 1/2 marathon

After the race with Kristen, me Catherine and Cara
2:29:48 Woo Hoo!  


I am thinking I may go out and get one more quick run in today...I am sitting at 136 miles for the month and it sure would be cool to get to an even 140 today... : )

1 comment:

  1. Good job with both the weight loss and the half marathon!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete